- Be aware of established 20 miles-per-hour school zones. These zones are effective school days only between 7:30 AM and 4:00 PM
- Plan ahead. Allow enough time to drop off children at a Pre-designated location.
- Always yield to pedestrians in crosswalks
- Expect children to pop up in the wrong place.
- Make complete stops at stop signs
- Buckle up everyone in your car
- Follow the safety instruction given by Police officers at crosswalks and school officials
- Pick up or drop off your child in the middle of the street
- Call your child across the street to your car
- Block the crosswalk or driveways with your car
- Park in red zones and bus zones
- Leave your vehicle unattended in a pick up or drop off zones
- Speed through school zones or residential areas
- Talk or text on your cell phone
- Get distracted while you are driving